Highly skilled documentary, ENG and Branded Content DOP / Camera Operator, with experience delivering to multiple platforms; TV/VOD, Web and Social Media.
CAA approved drone pilot (up to 20kg), knowledgable flight planning, and gaining permissions/access with Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO)
Professional, experienced, reliable, fast editor in Adobe Premiere Pro – including music licensing and online/TV delivery.
I’m Mike, I’m a Freelance DP & Camera Operator, based in Brighton. I’ve been making films for over twenty years, an unshakable passion that has been totally uninterrupted since dropping out of college to pursue it. 15 years later, I’m proud to have worked both as a self shooter and with awesome crews all over the globe, scooping a couple of awards along the way and publishing films in excess of 12 million views.
Ranging from sports documentaries to brand films, I’ve weaved my way through action sports, winter sports, automotive, fashion and corporate industries, lots of happy clients, lots of good times. Full driving license held, Frequent flyer and holder of a USA ‘Foreign Media’ VISA.
(All my kit is fully owned and serviced regularly, kit is available for wet or dry hire with special rates available for longer or local rentals.)
The RED Epic camera is the industry-standard camera for Hollywood Blockbusters, capable of high speed (HFR) shooting at resolutions as high as 6K with unmatched colour science, dynamic range and modularity.
The RED Epic is for clients who are delivering high end content, either for web or TV and require the best possible performance a camera can offer.
• RED Epic Dragon 6K Camera Brain
• DSMC EF Mount
• DSMC PL Mount
• DSMC Low Light Optimised OLPF
• DSMC Tactical Top Plate 2.0
• Hawk Woods V Lok Plate with 3x DTap
• RED Backpack V Mount Quickplate with 2x 2-pin AUX
• RED Pro 5.0” Touch Screen
• RED DSMC2 7.0” Touch Screen
• 480 GB Mini Mag (1/2)
• 480 GB Mini Mag (2/2)
• RED Pro I/O Production Module
• RED Bomb EVF w/ Nato Arm
• RED Nato Handle & SmallRig Nato Top Handle
• RED +1 Adapter Module
• RED Sidehandle w/ 1x REDVOLT
• IDX 190wh V Mount Battery
• 98wh SWIT Mini V Mount Battery (1/3)
• 98wh SWIT Mini V Mount Battery (2/3)
• 98wh SWIT Mini V Mount Battery (3/3)
• Action Products 3.5mm > XLR Adapter
• REDMOTE Remote
• RODE VMPP & Windshield (for scratch audio)
All equipment is provided in Peli Storm Cases and includes the RED Mini Mag Reader, chargers, additional bolts and RED Sidewinder tool. Tripods, Sigma Lenses and Movi M15 Gimbal also available on request.
Location: Based in the heart of Brighton’s North Laines